Gil is a tan-skinned muscular boy with blonde hair, tied in a ponytail, and brown eyes. He wears a dark orange sleeveless shirt, a orange leather vest with yellow details and a bow and arrow on the back, blue ripped jeans with brown details and zippers and dark brown boots. His acessories are a dark yellow leather beanie, a bronze bull necklace, a bronze bull belt, black and brown bracelets, yellow leather fingerless gloves, golden skull rings and a sheath for his sword.
- Gil's iconic symbol is a sword with a bronze bull head.
- Gil's signature colors are orange, yellow and bronze.
- In Rise of the Isle of the Lost, it's revealed that Gil is the youngest son of Gaston, his older brothers are the twins Gaston Jr. and Gaston The Third.
- Gil doesn't have his father's name because he is different of him and his brothers.
- Gil calls Uma "Shrimpy" unintentionally, because he heard this nickname so many times in the past that it kinda got stuck in his head.
- In the noveliaztion of Descendants 2, Harry kisses Gil in the lips. However, this didn't appeared in the movie.
- But, their actors (Thomas Doherty and Dylan Playfair) revealed that the scene was filmed and it was supposed to appear in the movie.