Uma is a brown-skinned girl with aqua, black-and-white braids and dark eyes. She wears a aqua leather top with her iconic symbol and a translucent purple shirt, a aqua leather coat with golden details, seastars and shells, shoulder pads with fringes and her iconic symbol on the back, a dark aqua skirt with leather fringes and brown boots with pearls, shells, seastars, nets and anchors. Her acessories are a black pirate hat with brown details, shells, seastars and pearls, a golden shell necklace, brown and black belts, a black band and a sheath for her sword.
- Uma's iconic symbol is a skull with a black and aqua headband, black and aqua tentacles, a black trident and a black sword.
- Uma's signature color is aqua.
- Her actress (China Anne McClain) once voiced Freddie Facilier in the first season of Descendants Wicked World, but then she got replaced by her older sister Lauryn McClain in the second season.
- In Rise of the Isle of the Lost, it's revealed that Mal and Uma used to be best friends, but then Mal pranked her dumping a bucket of shrimp on her and no matter how much Uma tried to wash her hair, the disgusting smell never left her locks, earning her the nickname "Shrimpy".
- Uma work as waitress at Ursula's Fish and Chips, her mother's restaurant.
- Uma has human legs instead of tentacles like her mother.
- However, Uma is able to turn into a giant sea witch thanks to her necklace.
- To make people remember of her authority, Uma usually ask them what's her name.
- While kidnapped, Ben tried to convince Uma to come to Auradon, but she refused the offer because it's unfair that he only remembered her now when Ben could have brought Uma six months ago, along with Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos De Vil.
- When Ben tried to convince Uma to turn good during the battle between her and Mal, she returned Mal's ring to him and left with a sad face, maybe implying that Uma developed feelings for Ben.